Information REGARDING OUR RESPONSE TO THE Corona viruS
Last updated: 17 April 2020
Please find information below regarding our current response to the spread of the Coronavirus as it relates to the current activities of our faith community.
Due to the Swedish Public Health Agency’s (Folkhälsomyndigheten) new regulations that limit public gatherings that exceed 50 people we are at the moment not gathering for Sunday services at Edsvikskyrkan. This will be the case for at least the whole of April. Instead you are welcome to join us as we stream our Sunday services via our public Facebook page.
The following precautions exist both to respond in a manner that demonstrates love and care for each other, and in order to limit the spread of the virus. The precautions outlined below relate to all gatherings.
- As of 27 March, we will not celebrate Sunday services as a physically gathered community, we will instead livestream both worship and teaching on Sundays. Additional initiatives are currently being explored.
- We will be restrictive with the laying on of hands and other physical touch.
- If you have got cold symptoms, fever or difficulty breathing (even mild), we ask that you stay at home. Call 1177 for further advice. Staying home for two days after all symptoms subside is the current recommendation. See Folkhälsomyndigheten regarding symptoms of known allergies.
- To participate at any physical gathering, you need to have been completely symptom free for two days.
- An important way to limit the spread of infection is good hand hygiene. Always wash your hands after coming in from outside. Wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds with soap (importantly) and warm water. Alcogel is good after hand washing but does not replace the use of soap and water.
- Always cough in the fold of your arm or in a paper handkerchief, not into your hands.
- A common preventative measure against infections is to avoid touching the face (mouth, eyes, nose) as well as avoiding close contact with sick people, even those with mild symptoms.
- If you are 70 years or older or belong to a particular risk group we ask that you, in line with recommendations, avoid even small gatherings. Please let us love and serve you without physically meeting. Please continue to be actively engaged in and with our community and please let us help you set up online channels to do that if you would like help.
- Our internal Team-app is a good place for discussions regarding the current situation.
By following these simple instructions, we are demonstrating love and care for each other.
If you have questions about the new coronavirus and Covid-19 disease, you should first call national information number 113 13.
We highly recommend that you regularly update yourself from the following sources:
Here you will find answers to the most common questions and can follow the spread of the virus in Sweden and globally.
1177 – Vårdguiden
World Health Organization (WHO)
Emergency information from Swedish authorities